1. In which of the following groups of organisms, food material is broken down outside the body and absorbed ?
2. Which is the correct sequence of parts in human alimentary canal ?
3. Which is the correct sequence of air passage during inhalation?
4. During respiration exchange of gases take place in :
5. In which of the following vertebrate groups, heart does not pump oxygenated blood to different parts of the body?
6. Which of the following has the longest small intestine?
7. The organism having parasitic mode of nutrition is
8. One of the following organisms has a saprophytic mode of nutrition. This organism is
9. The length of small intestine in a human adult is about
10. The process of digestion in humans is completed in
11. In human digestive system, bile is secreted by
12. Two of the following organisms have a holozoic mode of nutrition. These organisms are
13. The autotrophic mode of nutrition requires
14. Where are proteins first digested in the alimentary canal?
15. Pancreatic juice contains enzymes which digest
16. Which part of alimentary canal receives bile from the liver?
17. Which of the following component of our food is digested by an enzyme which is present in saliva as well as in pancreatic juice?
18. Which of the following are the correct functions of two components of pancreatic juice trypsin and lipase?
19. The oxygen liberated during photosynthesis by green plants comes from
20. Which of the following is an incorrect statement?
21. Which of the following events does not occur in photosynthesis?
22. The opening and closing of the stomatal pores depends upon
23. Most of the plants absorb nitrogen in one of the following forms. This is
24. Which of the following is the correct statement?
25. In one of the following organisms, the gaseous exchange during respiration does not take place through cell membrane/skin. This organism is
26. Which of the following is not produced during anaerobic respiration in unicellular fungus?
27. One of the following organisms can live without oxygen of air. This organism is
28. Which of the following is known as the energy currency of cells in biology?
29. The two organisms which breathe only through their moist skin are
30. One of the following animals does not use trachea as the respiratory organs. This animal is
31. The breathing and respiration in woody stem of a plant takes place through
32. Lack of oxygen in muscles often leads to cramps in the legs of sprinters. This is due to conversion of pyruvate to
33. During the deficiency of oxygen in tissues of human beings, pyruvic acid is converted into lactic acid in
34. Internal respiration may be defined as the tissue
35. When air is blown from mouth into a test- tube containing limewater, the limewater turns milky due to the presence of
36. One of the following organism does not depend on simple diffusion of gases for breathing and respiration. This organism is
37. During marathon, we sometimes get painful contractions of leg muscles due to the accumulation of one of the following in leg muscles. This is
38. In cockroaches, air enters the body through
39. Which of the following is most likely to have a much higher breathing rate?
40. The component of blood which makes chemicals known as antibodies is
41. An animal in which the oxygenation of blood does not take place in the lungs is
42. Which of the following carries substances upwards as well as downwards in a plant?
43. One of the following is not a constituent of blood. This one is
44. If a patient is put on dialysis, he is most likely suffering from a severe ailment of the
45. Water absorption through roots can be increased by keeping the potted plants
46. A blood vessel which carries blood back to the heart is
47. Blood is pumped from the heat to the entire body by the
48. What prevents the backflow of blood inside the heart during contraction?
49. Which of the following is the correct path taken by urine in our body?
50. In which of the following vertebrate group groups, heart does not pump oxygenated blood to different parts of the body?