1. The sky appears dark to passengers flying at very high altitudes mainly because:
2. At noon the sun appears white as-
3. Which of the following phenomena of light are involved in the formation of a rainbow?
4. Twinkling of stars is due to atmospheric-
5. The clear sky appears blue because-
6. The colour of white light which suffers the maximum bending (or maximum refraction) on passing through a glass prism is:
7. Which of the following colour of white light is least deviated by the prism?
8. The colour of white light which is deviated the maximum on passing through the glass prism is:
9. The splitting up of white light into seven colours on passing through a glass prism is called
10. The coloured light having the maximum speed in glass prims is:
11. Which of the following colour of white light has the least wavelength?
12. Out of the following the colour of light having the maximum wavelength is:
13. The atmospheric refration of light causes the twinkling of
14. The stars appear higher in the sky than they actually are, due to:
15. As light from a far off star comes down towards the earth:
16. Dude to atmospheric refraction of sunlight, the time from sunrise to sunset is lengthended by about:
17. The red colour of the sun at the time of sunrise and sunset is because:
18. Which of the following is not caused by the atmospheric refraction of light?
19. The sky appears blue because some of the blue component of sunlight is scattered by:
20. Sunset is red because at that time the light coming from the sun has to travel:
21. The coloured band of light obtained by dispersion of light is called:
22. To rectify astigmatism which type of lens is used?