Welcome to your Chemical Reactions and Equations MCQs Mock Test of 10th Class Science
1. When dilute hydrochloric acid is added to iron fillings……..
2. In the reaction xPb(NO3)2 Heat yPbO + zNO2 + O2x,y and z are:
3. In the reaction FeSO4 + x → Na2S04 + Fe(OH)2, x is -
4. A strip of magnesium ribbon is heated over a flame for a while. It is observed that the magnesium ribbon burns with a dazzling flame and produces a substance known as magnesium oxide. Which of the following equations correctly represents the described reaction?
5. In the reaction PbO + C → Pb + CO.
6. Rusting of an article made up of iron is called
7. Which statement is incorrect for the reaction CuO + H2 → Cu + H2O
8. 2H2 + O2 → 2H2O The above reaction is an example of a
9. The following reaction HCl(aq) + NaOH(aq) → NaCl(aq) +H20(l) is a:
10. The formula of Lead Nitrate is
11. 2AgBr + 2Ag + Br2, this reaction is
12. The formula of lead chloride is
13. The chemical reaction in which heat is evolved. This reaction is a
14. Fe2O3 + 2Al → Al2O3 + 2Fe which is reduced in above reaction?
15. 2Pb(NO3)2(s) Heat 2PbO(s) + 4NO2(g) + O2(g) This reaction is
16. Which gas is used to prevent the food items from rancidity?
17. What is formula of slaked lime?
18. The reaction between calcium oxide and water to form calcium hydroxide is a
19. Limewater Ca(OH)2 turns milky when we pass a gas through it. The gas is
20. The decomposition of silver chloride into silver and chlorine can be easily carried out by using
21. The formula of calcium hydroxide is
22. CaCO3(s) Heat CaO(s) +CO2(g), this reaction is
23. ZnO + C + Zn + CO, this reaction is
24. The process of oxidation involves
25. Which of the following are combination reaction : (i) 2KCIO3 Heat 2KCl+3O2 (ii) MgO+H2O → Mg(OH), (iii) 4Al+302 → 2Al2O3 (iv) Zn+Feso4 → ZnSO4 + Fe
26. In which of the following chemical equations, the abbreviations represent the correct states of the reactants and products involved at reaction temperature?
27. Which one of the following process involve chemical reactions?
28. Which of the following are exothermic processes? 1. Reaction of water with quick lime 2. Dilution of an acid 3. Evaporation of water 4. Sublimation of camphor (crystals)
29. Which of the following gases can be used for storage of fresh sample of an oil for a long time?
30. Which of the following is (are) an endothermic process(es)? (i) Dilution of sulphuric acid (ii) Sublimation of dry ice (iii) Condensation of water vapours (iv) Evaporation of water
31. In the double displacement reaction between aqueous potassium iodide and aqueous lead nitrate, a yellow precipitate of lead iodide is formed. While performing the activity if lead nitrate is not available, which of the following can be used in place of lead nitrate?
32. Which among the following statement(s) is/are true? Exposure of silver chloride to sunlight for a long duration turns grey due to (i) The formation of silver by decomposition of silver chloride. (ii) Sublimation of silver chloride. (iii) Decomposition of chlorine gas from silver chloride. (iv) Oxidation of silver chloride.
33. Which of the following is not a physical change?
34. Which among the following is/are double displacement reaction(s)? (i) Pb + CuCl2 → PbCl2 + Cu (ii) Na2SO4+ BaCl2 → BaSO4 + 2Nacl (iii)C+O2 → CO2 (iv) CH4 + 202 → CO2 + 2H2O
35. Which of the following does not involves
36. You are given the solution of lead nitrate. In order to obtain a yellow precipitate you should mix with its solution of
37. The chemical reaction between two substances is characterised by change in colour from orange to green. These two substances are most likely to be
38. The chemical reaction between quicklime and water is characterised by
39. One of the following is an endothermic reaction. This is
40. Which of the following is not an endothermic reaction?
41. One of the following is an exothermic reaction. This is
42. The chemical equations are balanced to satisfy one of the following laws in chemical reactions. This law is known as
43. The removal of oxygen from a substance is called
44. The chemical reaction involved in the corrosion of iron metal is that of
45. The term used to indicate the development of unpleasant smell and taste in fat and oil containing foods due to aerial oxidation is
46. A white precipitate can be obtained by adding dilute sulphuric acid to
47. A white precipitate will be formed if we add common salt solution to
48. The process of respiration is
49. Which of the following can be decomposed by the action of light?
50. Consider the reaction: KBr(aq) + AgNO3(aq) → KNO3(aq) + AgBr(s) This is an example of