1. Stainless steel is very useful material for our life. In stainless steel, iron is mixed with
2. Reaction between X and Y, forms compound Z. X loses electron and Y gains electron. Which of the following properties is not shown by Z?
3. Which of the following can undergo a chemical reaction?
4. When sulphur dioxide is dissolve in water then:
5. Which metal is present in Calcium Hydroxide?
6. Which non-metal catches fire if the exposed to air?
7. The property of metals due to which they can be stretched into thin wires, is called
9. The lightest element in the nature is
10. Which of the following is a liquid metal?
11. Which of the following is a strategic metal?
12. Which of the following is a metalloid?
13. Aqua-regia is a mixture of
14. "Is malleable and ductile". This best describes
15. One of the following is not a neutral oxide. This is
16. A basic oxide will be formed by the element
17. An acidic oxide is produced by the element
18. You are given a solution of AgNO3. Which of the following do you think cannot displace Ag from AgNO3 solution?
19. Out of aluminium, copper, calcium and tin, the most reactive metal is
20. The least reactive metal among the following is
21. Out of the following oxides, the amphoteric oxide is
22. An element X forms two oxides XO and XO2.The oxide XO is neutral but XO2 is acidic in nature. The element X is most likely to be
23. The elements whose oxides can turn litmus solution blue are
24. The elements whose oxides can turn litmus solution red are
25. Zinc oxide is a metal oxide. Which of the following term best describes the nature of zinc oxide
26. A metal less reactive and another metal more receive than hydrogen are
27. Which one of the following four metals would be displaced from the solution of its salt by the other three metals?
28. An element is soft and can be cut with knife. It is very reactive and cannot be kept open in the air. It reacts vigorously with water. The element is most likely to be
29. Which of the following metal exists in the liquid state?
30. Which of the following pair of reactants can undergo a displacement reaction under appropriate conditions?
31. The atomic number of an element X is 19. The number of electrons in its ion X+ will be
32. The atomic numbers of four elements P, Q, R and S are 6, 8, 10 and 12 respectively. The two elements which can react to form tonic bonds (or sonic compound) are
33. The atomic numbers of four elements P, Q, R and S are 6, 10, 12 and 17 respectively. Which two elements can combine to form a covalent compound?
34. The Solution of one of the following compounds will not conduct electricity. This compound is
35. The electronic configurations of three elements X,Y and Z are X: 2 Y: 2, 8, 7 Z: 2, 8, 2 Which of the following is correct regarding these elements?
36. Which one of the following property is generally not exhibited by ionic compounds?
37. The electrons present in the valence shell of a noble gas atom can be
38. The atomic number of an element X is 16.The symbol of ion formed by an atom of this element will be
39. The number of protons in the nucleus of one atom of an element Y is 5. The symbol of ion formed by an atom of this element will be
40. Out of KCl, HCl, CCI4 and NaCl, the compounds which are not ionic are
41. The rechargeable battery used in a mobile phone hand set is usually
42. If the number of protons in one atom of an element Y is 20, then the number of electrons in its iron Y2+ will be
43. The noble gas having only two electrons in its valence shell is
44. A covalent molecule having a double bond between its atom is
45. The molecules having triple bond in them are
46. One of the following contains a double bond as well as single bonds. This is
47. Which of the following has a triple bond as well as single bonds?
48. Which of the following pair of metals exists in their native state in nature?
49. Which of the following reactants are used to carry out the thermite reaction required for welding the broken railway tracks?
50. Which one of the following metals do not react with cold as well as hot water?