1. A miniature epic based on myth and written in dactylic hexameter is known as-
2.The term, ‘pathetic fallacy’ was coined by
3. Browning’s My Last Duchess is a fine example of-
4. The Novelist that indicated mostly the education system of his time was
5. A play based on history as its subject matter is known as-
7. Shakespeare's Henry 6th, 1st, 2nd and 3rd are find example of-
6. Who said about Wordsworth as fallows? “his poetry is the reality his philosophy is the illusion”
8. Which among the following was written by Edmund Burke
9. A novel written in the form of letters is known as-
10.The concern of the Neo-classical writer was
11. When a word or a sentence expresses double or multiple meaning when term is used-
12. What is the Philip Sidney ‘Astrophel and Stella’?
13 Pope’s Moral Essays is an example of-
14. Don Adriano is a character in
15. A forceful speech addressed to a large audience is known as-
16. Who wrote ‘Holly Sonnet’?
17. A short farcical performance which is generally adjusted in a long play or noval is known as a-
19. A meditative poem about night is known as-
20. The synonym of ‘Prudent’ is
21. In which type of play the traditional conventions are ignored or distorted?
22. What do you say ‘a well experienced person’?
23. A Nobel which is written in the first person and in the form of self regulation is known as-
24.The meaning of ‘Garrulous’ is
25. A narrative in which birds and animals etc appeared and talk like human beings is known as-
26. Choose the response which give the correct spelling of the word
27. Which device is used a person or king is directly addressed?
28.Which word is mis-spelt
29. Fielding's novel Joseph Andrews is a ……..of Richardson’s Pamela.
30.Choose the carrot Proverb
31. When the letters of a word are reshuffled to form another word or words, the device is known as-
32.Compelete the following Proverb by choosing the correct word A burnt child dreads the………. .
33. A literary work meant for ridiculing style, subject or attitude is known as-
34.Choose the correct meaning of the foreign words, ‘inter alia’
35. A comedy meant for producing laughter and humour based on situation is known as-
36.The synonym of ‘Queer’ is
37. A short pastoral lyric describing mundane life in a natural surrounding is known as-
38. What is the meaning of ‘Erroneous’?
39. The term lampoon stands for the insulting attack written in verse or prose on a-
41. The Gothic novel and Pre-Raphealitism are the examples of-
42. Who Wrote “Ode to Evening”?
43. Epilogue is generally appended to the conclusion of a-
44. The Novels of R.K. Narayan are set in?
45. A confessional writer is supposed reveal his private thoughts regarding such personal matters as-
46. Paradise Lost consist of ………. Books.
47. ‘Eclogue’ stands for a short poem forming a dialogue between-
49. Which term is used for a short play which is interposed between the courses of a feast or the acts of a long play?
50. Mrs. Ramsay appears in